Nine Ways To Improve Your Hair
One of the problems I have had since having this illness is my hair. Theres one thing not being able to breath but there is no need to look awful at the same time!
I was so fed up of my hair it was so thin and was breaking and wouldn’t grow. I was even considering buying a wig at one point!
I asked my Doctor and he said it could be the steroids. So as usual I did some research on the Web the result, I applied what I had learnt and my hair is now growing! The short picture to the right was taken only 8 weeks ago! Amazing
So I thought I would share with you what I have done to achieve this in such a short length of time!
- Stopped taking my steroids except when I really had to – its surprising you dont need them as much as you think. I followed my specialists advice and tapered them down and now I only take them when SHE tells me to. My Doctor had a habit of panicking and throwing them at me every time I had a flare up which as we all know is regularly. Antibiotics and increasing my inhaler often works just as well, but you can be guided by your own doctor.
- Stopped washing my hair every other day – I now wash my hair every three days its so much better for it.
- Dont use heat on your hair – Its very tempting but try to not use your tongs and straighteners every day. I have been using my hot brush two or three times a week and I am going to stop that as soon as I can get the front long enough to fasten back.
- Let your hair air-dry – I wash my hair on a night and let it dry on its own before I go to sleep. I never use the hairdryer anymore. I will when I have grown my hair back nice and thick but until then its a no no for me.
- Get a little help from vitamins – I take Biotin every other day and Vitamin D3 and I make sure I turn up for my B12 injection on time! And eat plenty of protein. I do this through eggs, I am an egg fanatic I love them. Eat nuts if you are lucky enough not to be allergic they are good also.
- Use a really good conditioner that suits you – I have a few that I like but my main go to condition is Aussie for coloured hair and also they do a 3 min treatment conditioner which I use every week.
- Get friendly with coconut oil – it is great for your hair.You can just put a smearing on your hands after washing your hair and rub into the ends not the roots.
- Use a hairdresser to process your hair – don’t do it yourself! This is lethal, if you are having problems with your hair make sure you don’t do your own colours and get a really good hairdresser. Even if vou do not colour your hair it is really good to have a trim every few weeks, just have 1/8th of an inch off to discourage broken ends and loosing hair because of them.
- Give your head a massage – its really good for you and battles stress to0 which can also have a negative impact on your hair.
Well that is it! That is all I have done and I hope in the next 8 weeks my hair will grow even longer and thicker because I am exercising more now and exercise also helps grow your hair.